8.29.2007

The Best Day of Our Lives

Haven't posted forever. I've been busy busy busy. Here are some pictures of my Mom's birthday from Sunday, Aug. 26. Enjoy!



Can never go wrong with a lovely pashmina for mom. Since we have the family tradition of telling the story of the day we were born each year on our birthday. Well this is the first year we have had the chance to hear the story of our own mother's birth because her dad is living with us. There wasn't much depictable detail; something about driving and 2 am. We did catch the last thing Grandpa said. "....the best day of my life." It echoed the feelings of everyone at the dinner table. And stretch wider I'm sure. I love you mom.



My grandma has owned LOADS of crystal. We were using some of it at the birthday dinner, and of course each of our inner-child got the best of us, and we started 'ringing' our goblets by pressing a circle on the edge. My grandma was just mystified! She kept saying "Now, how are you doing that?"



The lovely Kate.



The cake was beautiful & delicious. Way to go Dad!

1 comment:

Phoebe said...

Belated birthday wishes to you Carolyn!! I'm sure your feeling mixed emotions this week...sending the baby off to college?! What a girl, our family feels so blessed to have spent some quality time with her!... Now it will just be a little less frequent! Good luck the next couple of days! love you both!!