8.22.2007

Crafties

You know how you get the munchies and just want to munch til you die? Today I have the crafties. I've been doing crafts. The hardest part about crafts for me is: buying my supplies. I just hate it. I love doing crafts when I just have the resources right in front of me. But my inkling to crafts was so strong today that I went to the store...twice!

Craft 01: Picture Board



It was relatively easy & quick. You may have seen a similar version with a scrapbooked frame. I downloaded and printed this wallpaper from Kate Spade{click on summer reading, and then downloads}, and then mod-podged it onto a simple wood frame from Michael's. I just staple-gunned some coark board in there and voila!

Craft 02: Bracelet Holder-Thingy


This one was one of those things you just dream up in your head--and it turns out fine, but just, was in your head to begin with so it is never going to be the same when you create it in....3 dimensions? {I suppose everything ever was once dreamed up in a head. And those which we most adore are ones that are created closest as possible to the dream through patience and perseverance.} But simply enough I just took a small pole {actually it was a tube I got in the mail but it could be replaced with pvc pipe, a wood cylinder, or anything really.} and I stapled batting to it, sewed a sort of slip-cover out of gold satin and lace. It isn't entirely functional or even fashionable. It did occupy a couple of hours. Ha.

Craft 03: Tacks

I haven't done this one yet but I've long awaited this mood to do it. I found this thumbtack tutroial several months ago over at HowAboutOrange. I will post the results soon!

2 comments:

Phoebe said...

Amy...Love your craft creations!! I've got to chat with you about the frame/corkboard...fun idea!! You win the prize for crafting! I know how it is, somedays...you just MUST create something! Way to go! And the darling college bucket/banners! "College Coeds"...hard to believe!!

Anonymous said...

duh....just figured this thing out!!! I love that you love to make things....it is great therapy, for whatever ails you....not that anything is ailing you :).....it's just plain fun!!!
Keep it up!!