8.29.2007

Leaving

Today the world changes so quickly that in growing up we take leave not just of youth but of the world we were young in.
- Peter Medawar


I am all packed up. And I've finally got my emotions all packed up too. I've been exceptionally sad these last couple days. I couldn't help bawling while trying to pick out a mug from my parents' cupboard. Can I really say that? 'my parents' cupboard' I guess it's not mine anymore. I've said goodbye to some of my very favorite people. Part of me feels like I'm dying. I feel urgent about seeing everyone I ever knew to say goodbye. Like Charly.

My iPod 'leaving' playlist conists of:

The Night Before Life Goes On - Carrie Underwood
Don't Forget to Remember Me - Carrie Underwood
I'm Leavin on A Jet Plane - Jewel
Stop this Train - John Mayer
Breakdown - Jack Johnson
Letter to Me - Brad Paisley

I do have my emotions all packed up. I can't convey the melancholy I've felt over the last few days; because i've replaced sheer nostalgia with something else. Excitement? Maybe. Nerves? Definitely. Trudging forward? Most likely.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for coming over last night Amy! Gone are the carefree days of high school.....but on to bigger and better things!!! You will definately BE something!! It has been so fun to have you and Megan hang out at our house the last couple of years. Good luck and we'll be looking foward to keeping up on your comings and going through the wonderful world of blogging...:)...love ya!

Abby said...

Amy ! Goodluck! You will have a blast up there!! I've missed you in the blogging world! Can't wait to hear how everything goes!

Anonymous said...

ame.. it was so fun to talk to you and meg last night! you will have the best time at BYU..such a great time in your life..take advantage of it!! good luck with everything.. I love ya ame.. you are such a sweetheart- i KNOW it will all go so well for you!!
love,
rach