9.24.2007

college: glimpses

a look into me

woke up my rommate and asked her where she was last night. she was with a friend and wardmember whose best friend from home died in a car accident yesterday. i mourn.

walked to school in a thousand-degrees-below-zero rain. it seems all of campus is dismayed by the state of the atmosphere. i ponder.

intense newly-weds cuddle and caress beside me as i type. i am giggling.

a beautiful redhead in the library vigoursly comfirms...it's suzanne. i think it's suzanne. yeah it's suzanne. it's suzanne. it's suzanne. it's suzanne.... i smile.

suddenly remembered i dropped my academic planner and forgot to pick it up. wait til class is over. go back to where i dropped it and ask everyone around. venture to the lost + found in the deep basement of the wilk. sit down in the library. my planner is in my backpack. i text my brother the whole story.

saw my sister's ex-boyfriend in the bookstore and on a strange impulse said hello. i marvel.

free button-pins all over campus to save orca whales. hoards of people scramble for the one they want. i laugh with a stranger who chooses one for me.

i cannot set aside my ache to write things down. my desire to photograph things of beauty. my instinct to document anything and everything in between.

2 comments:

megan said...

girl. i love this post.

rawhide said...

thanks for your fun descriptions. i loved this post.