10.11.2007

self discovery: 01

i am becoming more and more aware of my fantastical tendencies. i live in a world of fantasy. for most my life i was under the impression everyone, indeed, lived in this world. which may still be the case. but i have come to realize that what i imagine is far more real to me than what is actually real. and were the imaginary ever to become a true reality, i would not wish it so. i would rather pretend. no, perhaps not pretend. for pretending is faking, or momentarily believing the imaginary to be that which is ultimately real. while there is nothing more real to me than the inventions of my mind, i still do not believe my constant unreality is real. i only live in it.

i would rather read a book.
i would rather listen to a song.
i would rather live vicariously.
i would choose to imagine.
indeed, to fantasize.

perhaps i live in a world of fear. resisting a courageous attempt to understand...reality. but for now, it is where i choose to reside.

2 comments:

cami said...

mmm... how inspirational. love it.

marta said...

just love this. i read it twice over. am glad you would rather write. and post it all on a blog.