11.08.2007

taking the plunge.


i doubt whether or not i'm using 'taking the plunge' correctly here, but for some reason, it is how i feel. in a good way. i made an appointment with the communications department academic advisor. think of me tomorrow at 2:20 pm. perhaps i will remember it as the time i figured out what i am to do with a life overflowing with so much, yet so little {carreer-oriented} direction. perhaps there is a day and a time and a moment when, for you, it clicked.

as i examined my academic 'map' for {communciations:print journalism} my heart beats faster. i react to this excitement with relief. oh what a shattering disillusionment if i had felt my stomach sink when i picked up this pink packet. but it didn't. my soul nearly beamed out of my teeth. it says, "the study of journalism entails the {mastery of people} to present news and features in a way that {reflects} events accurately and fully." regardless of whether my soul really was exiting through my teeth, it may not be my ultimate path. but on the other hand, it just might be.

each day is different. the more i jot things down on a stickie in the dashboard, or an empty space in my planner, the more i think and think. today i couldn't hold a smile down as each thing triggered immense reflection. sometimes i feel it is a curse. {for example, it is 3:53 am. and i have to write a paper on descartes and locke that i have procrastinated up til now because i didn't care but now i do because now i have to do well in order to do what i want. don't worry about the 3:53 am part. i took a nap from 9pm to about 2am.} i apologize for the incessant rambling, but i must wonder: will i be equally eager to stimulate tomorrow as i am today? how shall i manage my over-abundance of thoughts? if i ration them proportionally, will i be open to such so-called inspiration? but if i spend it all today, will i be impoverished? hard to say.

oh i do love this blogland.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

amy, I wish I could be more like you. Your thoughts and your writing make me think I am ok for having so many thoughts. I wish I could explain things like you do. By the way... the golfer boys decided to live in Wyview. I told them you love it. They want to come see the apartment sometime. Is that ok?

Anonymous said...

Oh, I do ALSO love this blogland that lets me trail behind you in the slipstream of your poignant moments! Thank you for this wonderful gift of opening a hole in your roof,so I can peek in on you without appearing to hover.
Love these entries. good luck on that paper, sweetie-pie.
Mama

Phoebe said...

I love blogland as well! Your choice of vocation suits you well! If we could only all put our thoughts on paper as you do! (and your sweet mother) Keep that smile gleaming...and good luck!