12.03.2007

winter's lessons.






on saturday, december 1st, i think all in northern utah were awakened to winter's beauty. i was awe-struck as i stepped out into this white wonderland. i felt so befriended by its charming purity.

i had an experience on this december day that i don't think i'll ever forget. even though i may wish to at times. but i learned some important lessons.

01. life is not as urgent as we make it. we live in a world where the show must go on. but i don't think it is a shame to just stay. let go for a day.

02. life is fragile. and is always fatal. but the phenomenon lies in timing. when will my life end up being fatal? when will it end? not today.

03. i am indebted to the great marvel that is humankind. the miracle that is humankindness. so kind. thank you. in a moment where i was so helpless, {someone} put my needs directly in front of theirs. more than one {someone} did all they could and all it took to put me at ease. to aid me. to help me when i couldn't help myself. to empower me after times of powerlessness. thank you.

04. i hope i can be independent enough. able enough to help someone in as dire need as i was. i hope i am willing enough.

when i woke up on saturday morning, i was sure winter and i had reconciled our differences. positive we would be friends. but by the end of the day, for me at least, it proved to be more foe than friend. we may have several more dtr's by spring. only time will tell.

3 comments:

Phoebe said...

Amy dear...I am so sorry to hear about your experience on Saturday! So glad you are safe...that snowy weather can be so nasty! And those rolls???? WOW girl, my mouth is watering and I'm not kidding!

erica said...

i think i'll just dito my mother here....soo sorry to hear about saturday, why do we live where it snows? that is the question i ask myself all the time during the winter months. poo. love you!

Charlene said...

I'm just happy you're safe and sound. You need to come over to Raintree more often!