1.10.2008

self discovery: 06

mental image: soup from the twilight zone that i take to a picnic table, where i open up the steam-releasing lid and scorching liquid falls through the table's constructional wholes and onto my knee. while most will wait til spring or summer to eat outside again, my daily routine goes uninterrupted as i need nothing but the burning of my tongue to protect me from the chill.

i used to hate soup. but for someone reason, i've changed my ways. i can't go a day without it. i love love love soup. forgive me all who tried to talk sense into me. i have reconciled now.

2 comments:

megan said...

amy. i feel as if i haven't talked to you in ages. sounds like the semester two transition is going lovely. i'll call you soon.

Anonymous said...

Reading this, I rmembered the homemade clam chowder in the frig from Sunday and have scalded it the MW and slurping now as I type. Thanks for the encouragement to EAT SOUP!!
Mom