3.09.2008

2nd.

just returned from another weekend in st. george.  glad i did, too. always glad i did. spent time in rooms full of the loveliest of people. 

this entry is a long time coming.  since i've been friends with megan, i have been a part of 2 families.  i adore my family. and would never choose to be in any different.  but my 2nd family is so good to me.  the ludlows + the lundins are remarkable people (no to mention make up like 90% of my audience here...) 

as my own mother does, phoebe just gets me. so easy to talk to and such a great listener.  no one i know can make a turkey sandwich like her.  laurie could run the world if she was asked.  and she would run it in style.  together these 2 would make the world more beautiful (definitely more flowers + ribbons), and more of a party.  the best kind of party. the kind where you laugh and love and can't help but smile because of the company you are in.  

i regard them in the highest light.  they are such an example of a real family.  just devoted to each other in total incandescence. wouldn't dream of it any other way.  completely welcoming to me and perfectly giving. i feel like they understand me and are so proud of me. and accept me.  never holding back anything complimentary.  things you expect and of course appreciate from your own family, but unexpectedly astonished when it comes from people who were strangers once.  

i think the greatest lessons you learn from college/moving out/growing up in general are about people.  i'm finding that the best ones are the ones i always loved.  

just thanks. 

4 comments:

Abby said...

oh amy. You are so so nice.

Laurie said...

Amy...I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes(again) as I read this post. You are such a sweetheart. Thanks for the kind words....we love you!!! Thanks for coming to the wedding. You are so sweet and thoughtful....so many good memories of you and Meg.....and Matt and the boys :) I don't want it to end and change :(...but of course I know it has to. Love, love your posts. Thanks for including our family in your circle of love :)!!

Phoebe said...

amy...what a sweet post. The weekend was so quick, but it was so nice to see you for one second! Thank you for accepting our family and being such an important part! I am so grateful you and meg are such good friends thus allowing us all to benefit! We love you Ame you inspire us all!

megan said...

amy my darling. you are so loved around here. and so everyone is aware, your family is so wonderfully dear to me as well. i am always greeted with such warmth as if i'm with my own family. yay for good friends :)