3.05.2008

exercising.

i am the only child among my siblings who doesn't absolutely adore exercise. melissa graduated in modern dance, and danced professionally for years after that. emily wakes up at the crack of dawn to exercise/work out/ lift/ have an amazing body. jon played football + basketball in high school, did a triathlon a couple years ago, rode a 100-mile century, and has his own personal pull-up bar attached to his door. kate has run 2 marathons and biked a century. my mom has run 2 marathons and goes to the gym faithfully every day. my dad has ridden thousands of road-bike races, mountain-bike races, did a triple bypass (i think that's 300 miles?) has done plenty of centuries, run a marathon, and continues to ride his bike to work and elsewhere.

i...used to take dance. and am known on occasion to run around the block. i'm the only one in my family that hasn't trained for a marathon. (jon + emily got injured before running.) seriously. my family is insane, no? my purpose is, although i'm not keen on being obsessed with it, i 100% see the beauty in it. there is definite romance + serenity in running. i love to run when...i love to run.

taking this aerobics class has benefited my life so much. i get excited about it. i love the sheer silliness of hip-hop days, and the wonderful peace of stretching and meditation. most of all i get my frustrations out during kick-boxing. it's only 1 hour 2 times a week. but it makes me feel good. i feel like i can breathe deep.

this article sparked my thoughts.

No comments: