9.17.2008

graduation.

my Religion 234 final--growing a plant.

oh my little blog.  I'm so sorry. it seems my most worthy thoughts these days are not worthy of you. they come on regular days, the good ones.  while my days here have been quite ordinary, I am still feeling propelled rather than settled. only a few things that have come my way:

I love my roommates.  they are so sweet and we are all different but similar enough that we get along to an admirable degree.  I hope you get to know them all better, because they are uber cool girls. pink sticky notes on the mirror are not a rare occurrence and I wouldn't beg for more.  

school is fantastic, as is TAing--which consumes me.  it is easy to forget what parts of my life count toward graduation.  one of my professors told me that when you get a university education you learn more about you than about any other thing you are actually studying. no hand of mine could ever have typed a better mission statement for this, the old college try. life is evermore confusing.  I am learning about me as a TA.  about how improbable it is for me to be one, but how much people believe in me.  it is empowering and overwhelming to be the basin for so much outsourced faith.  and above all, it is pushing me to be better.

again, graduation seems like such an obsolete term.  I finished and entered my application to my tentative major--Print Journalism.  but I feel farther from a career destination than I ever have in my 3 semesters here.  still figuring out what I want to do.  maybe that's why they call it a dead semester

when I graduate though, I am hoping to take with me far more than a degree--a concept you all understand.  those personal, spiritual, academic, and social aspects of my life seem so tangled.  and it's time I started sharing them.  please forgive me, little blog. I promise to do better.

a belated congratulations to mommy marta.  that has got to be the cutest little boy I've seen in the blogosphere. 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome, congrats! I'm sure it will pen floodgates for you!

marta said...

the boy in the crook of my arm and i thank you. you are too kind.

good going with the whole TA thing. hip hooray. and i know you of all people will truly gain an education and then some more (that part is what makes it all worth it).