5.20.2009

camping.

I can't remember when I've been so stuck on something. I also can't remember when this hunger started. but I am desperate to go camping. on Saturday, my family and I went to Springdale in the foot of Zion to hear my dad play in the symphony with Richie Ramone. (who knew?)

I had to convince my family to pretend we were camping, because I knew it was the closest I was going to get. I've really never been, if you don't count 7 years of girls camp. and I just want to sleep under the stars where I can see them. listen to Paul Simon and eat a 5-pound bag of cinnamon bears.

I commissioned my talented sister Melissa to do a drawing of us camping, again because it was as close to reality as I was going to be. as you can see here, there is a close-up of a bear. according to Melissa, the only thing we have to fear is fear itself. and bears.

1 comment:

Ariel said...

Haha love the bear. Last weekend I went camping with my dad and I walked into a black widow in the outhouse. So that's another thing to add to the fear list. Black widows.