5.01.2009

swine flu.


I've been doodling this "graphic" image in my journal with the outline of a swine (aka a little piggy) preceding the word "flu." creative, I know. but wanting to do a post about it. here's why:

1. (warning: naive message coming--please, keep your scientific doomsday comments to yourself on this one.) I dare to observe that this little pandemic has got people's minds off of all the other bad things going on. and I know it's not a blessing per se, but it is a distraction. and I, someone who has very little to worry about in this economy, find my thoughts pervaded by it. except for recently. these last few days have brought a different kind of ailment to the country, and I think it's time we focused on something else besides our empty wallets and bankrupt car companies.

2. aren't these masks great? they are really cute...via noquedanblog. but I don't think surgical masks are going to cut it for this little illness. you need N95 guys. this blog has the 411 on nearly everything. also, info here.

1 comment:

Dan said...

Haha those masks are awesome! Great find!