9.21.2009

I was thinking:


I successfully sat next to a baby blue t-shirt today. took me 3 weeks. moving at a snail's pace is okay.

the world is small because we were meant to meet each other. don't you think? if you didn't live underneath me this year, we would have met next year because you were on the same high school track team as my ex-boyfriend. or if you weren't a TA, we would have met because you lived in CP in the summer and I lived there in the winter and even though we never overlapped, we would still have mutual friends and therefore would have met at some girl's surprise birthday party.

things like buying a trash can for our kitchen give me anxiety. are we going to split the cost among the 4 of us? not that I don't mind paying the entire $7--but if I do, that means I have to figure out what I'm doing next summer. will I move it to my new apartment while I do an internship in Salt Lake? or will I be staying in this apartment? will it go to the new residents of #12 while I leave the world behind for a year and a half? or will I take it to a new apartment with a husband? or will I store it at my parents while I attend the high school graduation of 13 Indians?

and last year at this time I was writing sappy poetry about the eyes of potential suitors at my door.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Oooh Amy I really liked this post. I always think about that sort of thing, chance encounters and whatnot.

erica said...

love you girl. so happy you helped celebrate miss ivy with us. we love you to death. hope to see you again real soon.

ps. the figuring out how to share necessities with roommates kinda suck huh?

Phoebe said...

amy, amy, so good to see you at the party! and you're always so kind and thoughtful! loved your thoughts..."isn't life interesting to say the least?" hope all is well and we'll see you again SOON!
love you