2.04.2010

dating at byu.

over the weekend, I went to a BYU stake dance (insert a small defense of why I went to a stake dance). as I was about to leave (had my green puffy coat on), a young male asked me to dance. I agreed. after half a song, he got my phone number and proceeded to ask me for a date for Wednesday at 8 p.m. at 5:35 Wednesday evening, I received the following text message:

"Aim-ster, there comes a time in life that some receive the Gift of Dating Prophecy. I prophesy that our date will be like trying to mix koolaid and olive oil. You're olive oil, and I'm koolaid. This is a metaphor. Let's just turn back time to before we set the date. We know you were after my wallet anyway. Let's just be friends on facebook or something. Merry christmas!"

whoever decided arranged marriages were a bad idea never had to date in Provo.

18 comments:

mylyn wood said...

wow. I've heard horror stories but this one tops it! Yikes! He's OBVIOUSLY crazy. Good thing you didn't go on that date! Who knows what other weirdo things he'd come up with!

erica said...

um. weird.

I LOVE YOU!

Amanda and Shaye Scott said...

Oh my gosh! That's seriously the WORST dating horror story I've ever heard! You're too good for those Provo guys!

Natalie said...

This never gets old. I still love it.

Caitlin said...

Oh my freaking heck. This is why I did not go to BYU.

What a complete loser.

Spencer said...

[in a weird, monotone, robotic voice] "This is a metaphor."
And dating in Provo is the worst.

carly said...

OMG! haha. I can't believe you were after his wallet...

Jenny Dunn said...

this is possibly the funniest thing I've heard in a long time. I'm sorry girl.

Tav and Aims said...

What the weirdo?? hahahah..... wow.. Sorry Aimster!! :)

Courtney said...

Aimster. I loved this story more than anything at the SPJ shin-dig last night. What a story. What a guy.

Phoebe said...

aimster.....wow! hmmmmm....thank heavens you were spared! this will definately come in handy for when you need a PSYCHO DATING STORY!

kate + parker said...

yep, still funny!

David said...

Wow. Just take comfort in the fact that not ALL guys are like that.

Alexa said...

Dating in Provo is THE worst!

C said...

What!! I had to read it twice because I've never heard of such craziness!!

Heather said...

What a freaking weirdo! I hope he comes across this blog and sees what a fool he looks like.

P.S. I just randomly came across your blog! It's so fun!

Starman said...

I don;t know you, I found you linked to on a friends blog. But I also go to BYU and I think that what you need to realize is that you clearly avoided a lot of pain. That boy was crazy, but for some reason God saw fit to intervene on your behalf. Also, obvioulsy Olive Oil is far superior to Koolaid... this was a deep and beautiful comliment if you think about it.

Dorm Bedding said...

Wow, what an idiot!!! 'Aim-ster'???? Really????