3.29.2010

faith.

"One's life cannot be both faith-filled and stress-free. Therefore, how can you and I really expect to glide naively through life, as if to say, 'Lord, give me experience, but not grief, not sorrow, not pain, not opposition, not betrayal, and certainly not to be forsaken. Keep from me, Lord, all those experiences which made Thee what Thou art! Then let me come and dwell with Thee and fully share thy joy!' Real faith is required to endure this necessary but painful developmental process."
(Neal A. Maxwell, "Lest Ye Be wearied and Faint in Your Minds" Ensign, May 1991, 88,90.)

5 comments:

Phoebe said...

thank you....love that quote! how absolutely true. we just want life to be easy, but what would we learn? to quote one of my favorite women..."life is interesting to say the least" :) love you amy hope all is well.

Phoebe said...

p.s. so happy for your internship! you'll be so great and love it! yay

lori said...

Beautiful quote, Amy! Thanks for sharing! (I don't make it over here very often, but whenever I do: you are inspiring!)

Congrats on your internship!!

Melissa said...

Ame- Thanks for posting this quote. It's weird how frequently we totally forget this and feel like life should be easy. :)

Laurie said...

Thanks Amy....love the quote as well... love you....Matt is coming home!! We can't wait. I hope you will be able to come down for the festivities....I sent you an e-mail...I hope you got it....not sure I used the right address...I had two :) Happy Spring...it's coming for you up there I think :)
love you!!