6.06.2010

bike ride to mount vernon.

on May 14, a bunch of us BYU interns rented bikes in Virginia and rode them to Mount Vernon. I can't say I really appreciated Mount Vernon until I visited it, but George Washington's former estate is beautiful.



the path there was absolutely beautiful. it made me feel like home again.
me and becky en route.

i loved these fields all over the estate. i had to wonder if George and Martha every had a Saturday afternoon picnic there.

or tea out on their back porch,

looking at this view.

i loved this tree in their backyard.


the mansion

General Washington planted this tree. couldn't believe it.
in the museum they asked, "how many cities and counties are named after Pres. Washington?" of course, i knew of one...

the tomb of George and Martha Washington.

I am the resurrection and the life; he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet he shall live; and whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. john 11:25-26

i saw these boys several times throughout the day at Mount Vernon and sort of fell in love with them. this is them down at the wharf.


1 comment:

carly said...

did you see elder pierce in VA?