6.13.2010

new york 01: new york has no starbucks.

day 1: my roommate Natalie and I arrived at our dear friend Chelsea's house late Thursday night via Chinatown bus. I had some unfinished work to do before Friday so I didn't know what to do when I found out Chelsea didn't have internet access. but no fear, right, because there's a Starbucks on every corner? well. it took my about 20 blocks to find one, and then it was $3.99 to get access. it was fun, though, to get lost and see some random streets in New York on my first morning. I didn't feel like a tourist, especially on my way home when I dropped in a city market to get some fresh bagels and some fruit. Meg Ryan, right?

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Might as well see the best in NYC. I think Meg Ryan movies definitely bring out the sunny side. :)

Dorm Bedding said...

Doesn't sound bad at all....now if it were 30 degrees outside, it might be a different story :)

Phoebe said...

i miss you. i love you. you look beautiful and it looks like your having fun! all good!

Dorm Bedding said...

Kinda nice to get a little lost in a new city :)