7.27.2010

growing up, turning 21.

isn't this so beautiful? this is one of my best friends from elementary and middle school. my best friend, actually. and look at her--she is amazing! her little Harlo is also just beautiful. a friend, Errin Andrus took these photos and I am just breath taken.

also on Errin's site and on Mikki's are pictures of another childhood friend, Brittany. she is stunning. and I am so happy for her new little family. I just can't believe I grew up with them.

my time in D.C. is wrapping up and it goes without saying that I have not been a diligent record keeper on this surface--the blog. however, my journal remains full as does my camera memory card. I am promising myself to post everything together, here.

I have done a lot of growing up this summer and this year. 365 days ago I was in India, realizing how little time I had left with the sweetest children in the world. today I'm realizing how little time I have left in D.C. and to be young in general. I'm living it up the best I can. hopes and dreams drape my mind as usual and I find myself content, happy as a clam.

really, I am hoping to see more people in person than I have been recently. I'm sick of facebook stalking and gchatting. I want to spend a few hours on Phoebe's couch, and hold that little Elijah in my arms. I want to write in my journal on Melissa's bed, and eat Katie's cafe rio salad. I want to go to breakfast with Megan and Carly, and play mini-baseball with all those boys I haven't seen in 2 years! I want Emily to paint my fingernails and my mom to make salsa with me. I can't wait to visit baby Olive and all those Larkin children who perhaps forgot me by now. I want to see Ariel's newly-wed home and have a dance party with Lene, Audrey, and Dani. ready for some face time.

3 comments:

megan said...

seriously. cannot wait!

texas nursing schools said...

I just turned 21 and I feel old. I wish to do more things and somehow I am afraid that I am wasting time. The photo is breathtaking! I'm trying to look for inspiration from what you posted. I think I'm getting something.. Thank a lot!

Errin Andrus said...

AMY! Thanks for the shout out! I love your blog, your writing is amazing! :) Isn't Cass just the prettiest pregnant girl ever! :)