8.09.2007

Bobba & Willie


Melissa had her brithday today! and lucky us she traveled from SLC to celebrate. We had a fun day of Del Taco, season one of House and cake {which my mother almost dropped. Fortunately I caught the action}. As family tradition goes, Mom told a story about how Melissa rode away on her tricycle to the busiest intersection in New Mexico when she was three. I asked what kind of things Melissa talked about when she was a kid: Oh! Bobba & Willie! 2-dimensional cartoon-like imaginary friends that lived in the stop-sign.

I had imaginary elves that lived in my tissue box. A whole lot of them too. They were tiny, no bigger than a pill bottle. They were indeed Santa's elves, but of course had nothing to do during the off-season. They traveled back and forth from the North Pole to St. George through a small hole in the wall at my school. I remember them named Bubba, B.J. and Ty. I remember one who was the smallest one of all, but I don't recall his name. I am also sorry to say that he passed away on his way back from the North Pole after Christmas one year.

Here's to you: Melissa, Bobba & Willie.

Did any of you have imaginary loved ones?

No comments: