8.07.2007

Early Entrepreneurs

Kate is tending the Lawrence boys from across the street. We went down to the 'busy street' and set up a Kool-Aid stand. I was brought back to my days of third grade when I would go out on Canyon View Drive and wave like a maniac to get poeple to stop. I recall going out everyday all day for a week with my best friend Cassidy. We made $50. Today, I tried to get the boys to put on a show and get their dazzling, handsome faces to win over the cars passing by, but their bashfulness got the best of them. They warmed up after I started making a bafoon of myself :). The experience left me pleasantly surprised at a further interest in business {to the pleasure of my sister and her boyfriend! who are politefully persisting on my career in sales.} As you can see, the boys are adorable. Our grand total: $8.70. What says summer better?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ha ha yeah i remember those hot summer days when making a few bucks and drinking half your product were the thing to do. My little sisters followed my footsteps. once they had a sign it read,"$.75 no tax" i thought it was funny how even so young they sorta knew that that was an incentive to buy. funny how we pick things up huh?