12.05.2007

self discovery: 05


college, it seems, is a time where irrational behavior is more the rule than the exception.

philosophers are obsessed with reason. these philosophical maxims ring through my semester: reason as king. ration reigns. to war against reason is to war against yourself.

i fear, though, that i have become susceptible to irrationality. not all the time. but just sometimes, i forget ration. i become drunk with the air around me and forget to...think. and what is more frustrating than trying to be reasonable and grounded amid a majority of smart, yet illogically-behaving people. do i have any other choice but to suppress my brain and succumb to that other source which causes me to behave like a lunatic?

are rationality and sociality synonyms or antonyms?

1 comment:

lori said...

Amy - your blog is so fun and thought provoking! I'm trilled to make your cyber acquaintance! (and I responded more thoroughly to your comment on my blog)

Hope to see you in real life soon!