12.06.2007

world.


my backpack contains my entire world. which doesn't make greater my backpack. but smaller my world. a fact i am perfectly content with.

my books are my world. they are the consumption of everything i currently live for. philsophy: ancient + medieval. a city on a hill. a guide to the natural world. bom. i am nearly but not quite embarrassed to say that i will have a hard time selling them back. i may keep some. my 8 or so textbooks symbolize how much i am learning here. i have read almost every page in every one. but it also indicates how far i have to go.

my macbook. my connection to you. hip hip! my incessant typing and fretting over how to clean it. the ultimate source of procrastinaton. i am so dependent on it. its battery life is so long and its possibilities so endless.

my glasses. who knew i had bad vision? my squinting days are way over.


my camera. days i forget to take my camera i feel hopeless. i have to rely on my memory alone to remember all that is beautiful. the phrase just in case rings through my mind in every shuffling footstep i take as i crawl out of bed and out into the world. what if i happen to see cecil o? or tony hawk? or reese witherspoon? {i've never actually seen a celebrity but something in me always tells me i will that day.} and what if i don't remember the way the light shone passed the statue that moment, or if i forget that i could see myself in the branches, reflected in a puddle on the ground. i experience these things only for a little while. but if i preserve them they will warm my collection of recollections forever.

my wallet. i had no idea how much i would use my 'signature card' until i needed to use my signature card so much. i made the mistake of putting it in the clear plastic window of my wallet. making a huge fool of myself, i tried and tried to get it out to swipe at the bookstore, but they finally had to type in my number. how embarrassing. i had to unwedge it out with pliers.

folded daily universe + little fliers + keys + a shortage of pens + pencils + ipod + earphones + miscellaneous.

1 comment:

Karamea said...

your writing is amazing! and philosophy is one of my favorites! i could give you books and books! you my dear, are amazing!!