3.14.2008

i got the job.

 the wind picked up and my kite is in the air. i got the job.  whew.  they sent me an email today because there were some errors in the mail system.  i have been so anxious this week.  telling myself i didn't get it. pushing down the hope swelling inside me in order to reduce the chances of being disappointed.

i've been thinking of everything i did wrong and know i could have done better.  there are so many reasons why i should not have gotten the job.  but anyone who has seen me face to face in the last 3 weeks has seen my eyes well up with tears + eagerness, and in an earnestly whiney voice say, 'i want this job so bad.' and i think, i hope, that's why i got the job. i hope they saw my sincerity and realized it made up for how under qualified i really am.  because that is what i have going for me.  genuine desire.  i want this job so bad.

i feel like i just won an academy award. thank you kate for telling me to wear the red skirt. i think it won them over. thank you charlene, tatum, and ariel for the wardrobe help. thank you doug. smart. confident. engaging. good-looking.  thank you emily for the brilliant and oh-so-valuable interview tips.  thank you melissa for caring.  thank you mom + dad for believing in me. thank you karly for your powerpoint access.  thank you ariel + jess for listening to my presentation 5 times. thank you meg. you are everything lucky. 

6 comments:

Abby said...

knew you'd get it. You'll be perfect! congrats!

Anonymous said...

congratulations!
i'm not generally in the habit of hugging strangers, but i think this is a special occasion.
*hugs*

Ariel said...

Yay Amy!!! Oh if I was in Provo right now I'd give a big congrats hug! Yay! Oh congrats girl!

Anonymous said...

I had no doubts! Congrats Amy! I am so happy for you. You will be wonderful.

Laurie said...

Congratulations Amy!!! Way to go!

erica said...

i just had to leave another comment here....WAHOO!!!