3.25.2008

3.25.08

sorry about the transient management here. heavy times are in my midst--both ahead and behind me. all i can say is how i love you all and leave you with a few somethings.


these (found here) remind me of you.
couldn't be happier about this and this. the alpha-male is so out.
so amazed by the joyful news of erica. so deserving.
this, of course, makes me happy as well. i knew it.
looking forward to a cheap charity concert.
thank goodness she didn't.


every morning i wake up before both my roommates. i get the morning to myself. and every morning, one of my roommates wakes up and knocks on the bathroom door and says "can i go to the bathroom?" for some reason this infuriates me. why? some mornings the poor girl holds it in and waits til i am done getting ready. which i am more than happy about. why am i so possessive of my mornings in the bathroom? i am sorry. i promise to be more patient and less possessive of what is not mine.


this same roommate openly declares that it is a rare occasion that she has a thought in her head. now this is quite an extreme statement...but one i choose to believe. she thinks about what is going on in her immediate presence, recent past, or near future. but for some reason (she accredits it to a lack of reading) she doesn't think beyond that. this is one reason she hates to be alone and has a hard time focusing on her schoolwork. while there are psychological options i will not explore right now, i have come to the conclusion that my entire life is made up of thinking. (in contrast to my friend's case, i've been blessed to have very few thoughts i want not to think about). this is a writing blog, a place where i come to write. i love it because i have people to write to. somewhere and someones to think to. my blog gives me an incentive to think.

3 comments:

marta said...

'an incentive to think'...
couldn't have said it any better.
so very very true.
and thank you for the happy wishes.
i just somehow knew it was a boy too!

wishing you luck amidst
your heavy times.

the sun is shining.

Ariel said...

Oh Ame, you are going to Ben? I'm SO furious, I have a final the same date and time...erg!

rawhide said...

ha..ha..ha..i love the comment from your roommate who says it is a rare occasion she has a thought in her head.....i love to THINK!!! and most times i can't even go to sleep at night because i'm thinking too much. i'm at work and its 1:48am....the nurses tell me that they are bored...i tell them to start a blog....its a place where you can write about yourself and people will read it and comment on your life.....I LOVE IT!