7.15.2008

idols concert.

the 5-day weekend in Salt Lake was fun and graciously hosted, ending with the big event, of course. the concert was so so fun. here's a not-so-brief recap. 

the top 8 each sang 3 songs, and the 2 idols each sang 4.  the top 6 sang together just before intermission and then the top ten sang one final finale. 
I was actually somewhat surprised.  they were so so good!  I don't want to say the fist 4 were bad, but I was able to sit down.  (the crowd went wild for Michael Johns).  they were all spectacular singers, hands down.  if I ever doubted that American Idol is taped live, this proved me wrong.   they were all great performers and great vocalists. the crowd was shockingly fond of Carly. I loved her too.  
I forgot how much I adore Brooke White.  she is so talented musically.  I loved the singers who played instruments.  they didn't get to move around as much, but their music was more authentic.  Brooke was great and I thought she had the best song selections.  she was one of the crowd's favorites.  she mentioned a thank you for the support she received from Utah.  as well as slipping in "this is the place!" and "the land of archuleta!" i loved her performance. 
I am so glad I was faithful to Jason Castro until the end.  he was so good.  he had good song choices as well and was just himself.  loved hearing him. 
Syesha Mercado was just...Syesha. what a voice. 
uh-oh.  Dr. Cook was Dr. Evile as expected.  but not really. he sang some good songs and...
we definitely rocked out to his finale. 
thanks to the sweet counsel of baby Archie, the crowd was rather kind to David Cook.  I think a lot of people really did like him. who knew? as much as we tried to, however, Megan and I really couldn't continue to pretend that he is a totally and utterly hateable person. we shamefully admitted that we kind of liked him. 
but really. who can compete with him?  I've been to a fair share of concerts, but none ever louder than when they raised David Archuleta out of the floor playing his little piano.  I never screamed louder or more in my life.  I love him.  he cried of course.  so did I. 
two fans. couldn't be more devoted. even if we did get kicked out before we got to meet little David. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I AM SO JEALOUS! AND I SO HATE DAVID COOK! I am glad Utah held out and boo'd (sp?) for him. You and Meg are the cutest of friends. Can't wait to play with you more next year. Love ya

Abby said...

i am so completely jealous right now!!! ahh I can't even stand it. YOu girls are the cutest... amy you look so much like kate in that last picture... I had to take a second look... Love your shirts i want one.

erica said...

love the pics, wish i would have been there rocking out. we miss you girls already!! last night was pretty quite at our home.

Tavish and Amie Calico said...

Eww I am so JEALOUS!!!! Man Amy.. You stink! (jk!) Why didn't you say hi to me last night!! I hope you had fun!!

Abby said...

i keep coming back to look at these pictures! And seriously why was I not invited??