9.06.2008

341 mckb.

my first day teaching 3 lab sections went great.  and I have made the executive decision not to blog about my TA experience.  it will be safest for everyone and is the only alternative to privatizing my blog.  but it went well.  thank you for your faith in me.  

that was the recurring theme for me this week. pacing between confidence levels that led me to final self doubt. but I learned that so many people believed in me. and that made all the difference.  in turn, I believe in 'my' students. a lot. 

I taught my classes at 8, 9, and 10 am yesterday and walked up the giant hill to my classroom in giant high heels.  wearing a pencil skirt with a--dare i say--blouse, I drew attention to myself on a friday morning.  I was glad after classes when I could walk the 5 minutes down the giant hill and change into jeans and a t-shirt.  back on campus, I blended. and I loved it.  being mainstream is worth a million times more than standing out. 

I have, so far, had a typical BYU weekend.  although I sometimes dread it, I can endure the weekend with enjoyment with such pleasant company.  

my roommates Riley, Ariel, Jess. 

No comments: