11.03.2008

messy autumn.

campus is a mess today. the grounds crew took the day off it seems. the weekend storm wet the pavement and autumn leaves are everywhere. the sun wasn't shining today either. I hate when my blog turns into my own private (very public) pity party. I'm sorry. I have just had the blues yesterday and today. I told it so to my boss and she said, yeah I've had a couple years like that.

I got my most beloved macbook back. what a blessing. I love those geniuses. they did the whole thing for free--new hard drive, new plastic cover thing--all of it. thank you. unfortunately, my cd/dvd drive isn't working so my hsm3 soundtrack lays lifeless in its case. nevertheless, it means I must see it in the theaters again.

yesterday was sweet Ivy's blessing day and it was such a happy day. so happy that when it ended I cried. I am so grateful for the part of my life that starts with Meg and Laura driving down to Provo in the p-i-m-p just to bring me back to Salt Lake and then back to Provo hours later. so grateful for the part of my life that includes 4-generation photos and pumpkin-oatmeal cookies and handmade Halloween plates.
sweet baby and her beautiful mother. (not me).

sorry for taking photos in sacrament meeting. at least the flash didn't go off! but isn't that dress gorgeous? Phoebe the master seamstress.

I do feel like my life is a beautiful mess. I am so lucky and blessed to have what I have. but my sky has been gloomy lately, despite the majestic mountains and orange leaves on the trees. because the soggy leaves beneath my feet are too distracting. it's too messy to have to pick a major/career/life.

American Heritage is a bright spot in my life, though. Not only do I like it a ton, I think I'm kind of good at it. maybe that's a sign?

3 comments:

Phoebe said...

thank you thank you for all your help yesterday! we are so blessed to have you a part of us! we all love you... (that's a lot of us) your sweet photo skills in sac. meeting no less! hope you have a great week... and i'm a little bummed eric didn't just whiz by the Center street exit....

Abby said...

cute amy

erica said...

amy...dito to everything my mother said. THANK YOU!!! i am dying over that yawning photo. i love it! even more that it was taken in sacrament meeting. you are the greatest. please come up to see us more! but dont take the bus...i'll come get you!