2.28.2009

monastic experience: day 4

day 4
today didn’t feel very monastic. it just felt—very routine. maybe I’m getting used to it. I didn’t follow 100% today. 2 things happened: my friend McKay was concerned I wasn’t getting enough protein, so he went and got me some trail mix from the vending machines. second thing, I went on a date. and had to get a salad. and got the dressing on the side. thinking, I don’t know what. it’s not like I could have some of the dressing. I could either have all of it or none of it. but I just had some of it. I think the words I used were “I don’t think I am supposed to have this, but I just want to.” also, of course the date plans to get milkshakes were changed. how inconvenient, to be a monk.

today:
truth telling: I did not tell the whole truth. should someone get rid of the rules of the dating game, I might have told the whole truth, all the time. but, my dating experience exists after the monastic experience. therefore, I did not tell the whole truth. but what I did say, I told the truth.
spending: $0
phone: not bad at all. talked to my mom.
tv: none
internet: definitely reached my hour limit.

1 comment:

Meredith Claire Wiscombe said...

cool photos! I love winter trees.