5.05.2009

I'm going.

june 1 is the date.

that my sister Melissa and I are going to India.
I'll be back in late August. she'll be back in July for medical school.

we're going to be teaching at Shanti Bhavan, a school just near Bangalore. the school, a project of the George Foundation, focuses on children from the lowest caste in the Hindu caste system, known as "untouchables" who are supposedly unclean to touch. Shanti Bhavan takes these children, who wouldn't receive an education otherwise, and puts them through school, k-12.

june 1 couldn't be any farther away; I want to leave tomorrow.

8 comments:

Ariel said...

I am SO excited for you! What a great school. This is going to be an adventure of a life time!

erica said...

wow...june will be here before you know it. may is practically already over.

marta said...

wow. that sounds like such a fantastic adventure. my darling niece lucy does that too, you might meet up with her. happy to have something fun to look forward to.

Karly Barker said...

Amy I am so excited for you!

Courtney said...

Amy! I am so jealous! India is really where I wanted to go but I couldn't convince my brothers to go with me! That will be so fun! You have to tell me all about it when you get back!

David said...

dude this is awesome. good luck in india! i've always wanted to go there, and someday i hope to do so.

Megan said...

Hello, I enjoy reading your blog and was so excited for you upon learning about your trip to India. It sounds like an incredible opportunity and who doesn't dream of going to INDIA!! I hope that it changes you in ways you never imagined and that you love every moment.
PS: When you return please do posts about your journey :)

Caitlin said...

Amy, I'm so happy you guys are leaving soon and that you don't have to wait forever! You'll be so great working at the school...good luck! I love you guys!