5.07.2009

87.

kate + grandma beverly.

my uncle Stanton. uncle Craig, dad. and my fabulous aunt Jackie.

my cute cousin Caitlin shooting photos. you can guess what her picture looks like. (leftover flowers + fabric from Meg's wedding.)

a couple of weeks ago, just after Megan's wedding, my mom threw a real classy party for my grandma McDonald's 87th birthday. it's been a few years since everyone was together, so all of her 6 children came to visit the last weekend in April. because of inclement weather, we transformed our basement into my grandma's old house: china, gold, flowers, and goblets.

my 2 aunts on my dad's side stayed for the entire weekend, and I got to talk to them a lot about their lives and my life. my aunt Jackie has 4 adopted children from China and the Marshall Islands and my aunt Michelle just recently adopted a little girl from China. they share a lot of their experiences with me and it was just a really great evening. I loooove my adopted cousins (I have 2 more, one from Mexico and one from Guatemala.) I really don't feel like our family would be complete without them. I also really love my aunts. it was so great to talk to them.

and a happy 87th to my grandma! it has been such a privilege to have grown up with her in my home. she's a classy lady.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

I prefer to call people "clazzy". It spruces things up a bit. Kate (?) looks a lot like you, in my head I thought, "Something looks different about Amy...." until I read the caption... Duh.

Phoebe said...

looks like it was a beautiful party! Beautiful Grandma Beverly, makes me miss my mom! Thanks so much Amy for being such a great support the days before the wedding...you were there to do anything that was asked, and it was so kind and appreciated! love our McDonald sisters! thank you all for being so sweet! I will always be thankful that meg&amy became best friends!