11.10.2009


Ariel has a super nice camera and I borrowed it a few boring fridays ago.

I feel like my life is a Firefox window with 46 tabs open. and I wish it was Safari because it's cleaner and faster. and I keep forgetting things. like, my cell phone. or a pen. I don't even use my planner anymore. I do have a giant task list with boxes. I like the boxes--they are the hope that I might get something done. mostly, my strategy is just to react to things in their immediacy. this is a terrible strategy. there is so much to do, and so much information that interests me, and most of it is digital. I just need to be able to focus. my mom always tells me, "you can do a lot of things, but you can't do everything at once." good, better, best.

applying for internships in Salt Lake for next semester and D.C. for the summer. I'm really excited about both prospects but still feel my loyalties divided. where do I belong?

listening to an episode of This American Life about books that change people, a girl reads a letter from her grandfather who is very sick. he says, "I don't at all approve of my own extinction. I don't like the idea of it one bit. Though reason assures me that the world can get along very nicely without me, I can't quite believe that it will."

my mental capacity is only currently available for appreciating good writing, no longer analyzing or commenting and especially no creating. here are some things I have been creating:

a review of an Orem restaurant, Terra Mia.
a podcast interview with the owner of Provo hot dog stand, J Dawgs.
I really like Twitter. I use it a lot and it really does hurt every time someone rolls their eyes at me for using it.

5 comments:

Andrew said...

I know I enjoy your tweets.

(And I hate it when people roll their eyes at me for using Twitter, too.)

The J Dawgs podcast sounded fantastic, by the way. I think you would make a great podcast-er...or whatever they call people who podcast.

And - if it's not too much praise for one post - your blog is quite a good blog! Your posts are always very well written. Kudos!

njcrofts said...

You are really cute. And I totally know how you feel.

Phoebe said...

totally agree with Andrew..."you've got quite a good blog" and i love reading it! love and miss you! can't wait to hear what your next adventure will be! DC sounds great!

Daniel John said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Term Papers said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.