7.07.2010

new york 03: shopping

for some reason i didn't spend any money on this trip. i bought about 4 things: a tiny empire state building (which i happen to love), a $5 pashmina and $15 perfume in chinatown, and a bus ticket.

seriously, i didn't buy any food there. i ate out once in little italy, and the rest of the time ate small groceries. there was one day when i think the only thing i ate was a box of chewy bars.

but it was really fun to see all the shopping and it reminded me of Georgetown but on a giant scale. of course, the girls and I made it into Tiffany's up to the 3rd floor with all the diamonds. no purchases though.
Natalie and i fortuitously meandered into American Girl Place, the store of our childhood dreams. I did not purchase a tiny American Girl Doll accessory, but Natalie did. it was heaven in there, seriously.

since this song was playing through my head the entire weekend, I thought of one of my best friends Cami.

Natalie, Kailey, me. I love this picture. it is exactly accurate of meeting up in New York at that very moment.

No comments: