12.19.2007

what christmas means to me #7



the view from here.

i love finals week. i am having fun studying and not studying. i feel like i have time to procrastinate. we'll see when semester grades post in january.

but i feel finished. i feel like i have worked hard and played hard and that my semester is over. i know i express to my loved ones on a personal basis how much i absolutely love college, but i don't know if i've ever sent it out to the vast unknown. i feel like my life is headed somewhere. directional worth is everything to me. i've talked a lot this semester about not having a plan. not knowing comes next. so these short months have been a time to forget the future and embrace the path i am on right now. and while doing so, i have found that the path i was walking was not so dark after all, and i stop and look at things i want to look at. and i forge head not only with a map, not only with a plan, and not only with direction, but with excitement. i wish i could run to what i anticipate.

my sometimes loss of identity is still present, but i feel that i can look back to who i was and remember, in order to formulate who i am now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are amazing. Your writing and your thoughts bring a big lump to my throat and it makes my heart skip a few beats to have the blogosphere know you so well. i would say "slow down" but I know its not possible. You are such a "full tilt" girl, but I know you are sure smelling the roses. And the snowflakes!
Love,
Mom