5.16.2008

peanut butter cookies.

these have always been the cookies i look for at showers, barbecues, christmas, farewells, phoebe's kitchen, etc. ever since the cookbook, i have been trying to bake/cook something at least once a week. this was my go this week, and i have to say it was successful. just as i was making them someone posted a note on out door, "cookie party tomorrow night. bring your own cookies." while i could not attend, i was more than delighted to have a home for my cookies. needless to say, i surprised myself. these cookies were delicious and relatively quick and easy. i suppose in the future i should challenge myself. if you are like me and never had the recipe, here you are.

kisses: unelemented. 
i didn't quite master the perfection of no-cracking, smooth, round balls. any suggestions?



peanut butter cookies submitted by Melinda Petersen

Ingredients
• 3/4 c peanut butter
• 1/2 c shortening
• 1 1/4 c packed brown sugar
• 3 Tbsp milk
• 1 Tbsp vanilla
• 1 egg
• 1 3/4 c flour
• 3/4 tsp salt
• 3/4 tsp baking soda
• chocolate chips or hershey’s kisses

Instructions
  1. Combine peanut butter, shortening, brown sugar, milk, vanilla, and blend well.
  2. Add 1 egg; beat just until blended
  3. Add flour, salt, and baking soda and mix.
  4. Here you can either add chocolate chips and spoon onto cookie sheet - - or - - roll dough into balls and roll them in sugar and then place on cookie sheet
  5. Cook at 375 degrees for 7-8 minutes
  6. If you rolled them in sugar after you take them out of the oven you can place a chocolate kiss on top of each cookie. They are warm so the kiss will melt a bit and be delicious.

**what does your recipe of these cookies call for?

4 comments:

Abby said...

when i saw the picture of the cookies... phoebe came to mind. yummy

erica said...

ha, these cookies will forever remind me of my mother. bless her. love you ame!!!!

Anonymous said...

oh what beauties!!! my mouth is watering, I want one soo bad! I seriously could eat?? I don't know numerous quantities of that cookie in one sitting!! How delightful Ame, I'm impressed at your recent cooking skills! love ya

marta said...

oh my. yes, i wish i were next door neighbors with you. for more reasons than this one, of course. ps. i love guru's. do they still sell the plates with the quotes on them? i bought one forever ago and would love a few more. xo.

keep blogging your heart out. i love reading your happy words.