1.30.2008

appreciate.

remember this post?

i have had some bitter feelings since then. truly, it is not my favorite season. someone was telling me 'the 7 mistakes of choosing a mate' from their marriage prep class. one was too short of dating time--you should know someone you marry during all 4 seasons. while i am not making any sort of statement about mate-picking, i do have to agree that i am not the same person i am in winter that i am in fall. this whole snow thing is taking its toll on me. i was with a friend last weekend, giving him a hard time for dragging me around. ya know, the usual 1. 2. he thought i was just ranting off another complaint about our evening plans, so he laughed when i said, "i do not appreciate all this snow."

last night, during my blistery walk home, i felt the slightest appreciation for the silence of snow. it being a foreign substance to me, it astounded me how much sound was soaked up. it was like being in a padded room. (isn't it funny that i must relate what is natural to something man-made?) i was grateful i hurriedly forgot my ipod that morning. just to listening---and to listen to--absolutely nothing. it was kind of a relief. and but for a small moment, i was there, appreciating the snow.

No comments: